Briefly: Learn easy methods of applique and quilting techniques for a festive look.
Tutor: Ruth Blanchet
Finished Size: 28" square
Number of Lessons: 3
Skill Level: All
We leave everything to the last minute and find ourselves running out of time to complete our projects. Join Ruth now and be ready for Christmas on time. Ruth's step-by-step instructions, enhanced with tips and tricks, will guide you through the entire project in a timely manner while learning several different methods of applique and quilting.
Class Project is 28" square. Additional borders may be added to enlarge it (requirements to enlarge are not included below)
- Background: 7/8 yd [.8m] (light)
- First Border: 3/8 yd [.35m] (green)
- At least SIX different green fabrics: Fat Eighth of each (holly leaves)
- ONE fat quarter of dark green (background of wreath)
- ONE fat quarter of red (ribbon, balls & berries)
- 1yd [1m] fusible webbing
- 1/2 yd [.5m] Stabilizer (iron on or tear away)
- Batting & backing fabric at least 4" larger than quilt size
- Binding fabric: 1/4 yd [.25m]
- Thread for quilting & piecing
- Machine embroidery threads: shades of red & green, plus white and gold for plaid stitching
- Quilting pencil or removable marking pen
- Sewing machine and accessories
- General quilting tools such as rotary cutter, mats, rulers, pins, safety pins, etc
- Teflon Sheet, parchment paper or baking paper
- Lightbox may be useful
Do I have to use PayPal to make a purchase? No, once you go to the cart and click "proceed to pay" (or use the buy button and click continue), you will see the option to pay using a PayPal account. Directly under that is a big grey button "Pay with Bank Card or Credit Card". Use this button to pay by credit card without a PayPal account. You can also request an e-invoice but please add arbee @ arbeedesigns.com (without the spaces) in your contact list to ensure the e-invoice gets through to your inbox. Be sure to email us your order in detail.
Where do I find my workshop? All workshops are presented at www.academyofquilting.com. Please visit the site to register a free user account.