Beginners Stained Glass
Prices are US dollars
Briefly: Learn stained glass applique skills by creating a special Christmas Poinsettia or Sunflower project - includes both designs
Type: Online Workshop
Tutor: Ruth Blanchet
Finished Size: 20" x 26"
Number of Lessons: 4
Skill Level: All
This online workshop will get your started with stained glass applique as you make one of two (or both) fun projects - a Christmas poinsettia or sunflower. These projects can be made very quickly and look completed before any stitching is started! A fun, fast and exciting technique.
This is a beginner's workshop in stained glass applique and delightful projects for any quilter. There is no quilting required and all stitching can be done with straight stitch. You can make it in no time at all with pre-made bias or make your own original bias with the instructions included - there is many advantages of the latter, all revealed in the workshop. Both quilts are fun easy making either an ideal gift for those you love.
Class workshop include instructions for making your own bias binding and fusible tape as an alternative to purchasing pre-made bias. There are two methods, you may choose either or try both.
Either method requires the following per quilt:
- 1/2 yd fabric for bias
- 1yd fusible webbing or ONE 40ft pack of 5mm fusible tape
- Method One only: requires a 1/4" or 3/8" bias bar
- Method Two only: requires a 1/4" bias tape maker
Full discussions about equipment are included in the first lesson to help you decide.
If you do not wish to make your own bias binding you will need 9-10.5 yds of Fusible Bias Binding OR Bias Binding & pack of 40ft 5mm fusible tape. Recommended: 11 yd Fusible Bias Binding on reel made by Clover.
Additional requirements to make one project:
- ONE x fat quarter Border Fabric
- 3/4 yd Background Fabric
- Applique: Small amounts of red and green fabric for poinsettia project OR yellow, green & brown for sunflower project
- Yellow/gold 1/2" beads or buttons (poinsettia project only)
- 1/4 yd Binding Fabric
- 3/4 yd Backing Fabric
- 3/4 yd Batting
- 1yd fusible webbing
- Black Thread or thread to match bias binding
- Sewing machine and accessories
- Quilting pencil or removable marking pen
- General quilting tools such as rotary cutter, mats, rulers, pins, safety pins, etc
- Teflon Sheet, parchment paper or baking paper
- Lightbox may be useful